A 10 lesson online self paced study course with email help and support. This method provides a progressive learning schedule at your own pace. You will also have access to weekly live two hour interactive sessions with the teacher and fellow students.
The Beginner’s Introduction to Egyptian Hieroglyphic Course is an introductory study course to the Ancient Egyptian writing system indigenously known as Sesh Medew Netcher and the Ancient Egyptian language indigenously known as Ranykemet. We aim to give a very straightforward introduction for anyone first encountering hieroglyphs. The content of this course is complementary to the text book “A Beginner’s Introduction To Medew Netcher.” You’re able to proceed through the course at your own pace.
- Your interest and time
- The textbook “A Beginner’s Introduction To Medew Netcher” which is included with enrollment. Optionally, if you already own a copy of the textbook “A Beginner’s Introduction To Medew Netcher” you will receive a $30 discount at checkout for enrollment using coupon code: GOTBOOK
- View all lesson information at anytime. There are 10 online modules related to each consecutive chapter of the book.
- Weekly live interactive sessions with a teacher and fellow students.
- History of the Egyptian Language and Writing
- Language Family and Divisions
- Types of Scripts
- Direction of Reading and Writing
- Pronunciation and Ordering
- Sign Types and Transliteration
- How to Look Up Words in Dictionaries
- Sign Lists and Vocabulary
- Grammar Basics
- Breaking Up Words and Sentences
- Numbers and Dates
- Royal Names
- Offering Formulas
- Deciphering of Temple Wall Scenes
- Discussions On Taking Next Step – Intermediate Course
Upon completion of the lessons, there is a final Certification Exam along with an essay. The final exam is designed to test your knowledge and see to it that you have suitable proficiency with the lessons. The essay requires you to transliterate and translate one of the available pictures of primary Kemety inscriptions.
About the instructor
Chp 1 History Of The Egyptian Language And Writing
Chapter 1 Review
Chp 2 Aesthetics
Chapter 2 Review
Chp 3 Functions Of Signs
Chapter 3 Review
Chp 4 The “Alphabet”
Chapter 4 Review
Chp 5 Sign Types
Chapter 5 Review
Chp 6 How To Look Up Words
Chapter 6 Review
Chp 7 Grammar Basics
Chapter 7 Review
Chp 8 Putting It All Together
Chapter 8 Review
Certification Exam and Essay
Certification Final Exam